America Saves Week FAQs
About America Saves Week:
Since 2007 America Saves Week has been an annual celebration as well as a call to action for everyday Americans to commit to saving successfully. Through the support of thousands of participating organizations, together we encourage our local communities to do a ‘gut-check’ on their finances and saving behaviors. The America Saves pledge is the framework that allows savers to set a goal, and make a plan to achieve better financial stability.
More than 2,000 organizations participate, representing a diverse and impressive group of companies, nonprofits, educational institutions, military services, government agencies, and financial institutions.
What we’ve achieved:
During America Saves Week 2019, over 40,000 Americans committed to save $145 Million through the America Saves Pledge and participating banks and credit unions reported 246,677 people deposited $503,574,890.
Why individuals should participate in America Saves Week:
By participating in America Saves Week, individuals navigate through different areas of their finances that better position them for success. By the end of the Week, they’ll have addressed: short term and long term savings goals (such as emergency funds and retirement), the best strategies for saving successfully (making a plan and saving automatically), and how to have healthy conversations and instill positive financial behaviors with their family. The top savings goals for #ASW19 were emergency fund, debt repayment and vacation/special event.
Why organizations should participate in America Saves Week:
Organizations that participate in America Saves Week have a unique opportunity to be a part of a larger national conversation around saving successfully, while simultaneously serving their community in a tangible way. Through the support of the America Saves Week Toolkit and and the America Saves Pledge, your work will motivate individuals and families to take better control of their finances and achieve financial stability.
How it works:
- Organizations can use resources and materials provided by America Saves to help individuals save automatically, more effectively, sustainably, and to develop a habit of saving.
- Materials and resources are easy to access at NO COST in multiple formats with a focus on goal-setting, planning, safe and appropriate accounts, ambitions and financial wellbeing.
- Materials include a digital toolkit featuring social media posts, blogs, and other marketing materials; the America Saves Pledge to help people create a simple goal-based savings plan with ongoing texts as nudges and reminders to keep saving, emails featuring saving strategies and practical resources, and social media engagement opportunities.
Easy ways to describe America Saves Week to your community:
“America Saves Week is your opportunity to do a check-in on your financial health and mindset over 6 days, while getting national and local support, new resources, and being eligible for rewards while you do it!”
“Join us for America Saves Week as we share tools and resources with our community that inspires individuals and families to save successfully and achieve better financial stability.”
“During America Saves Week individuals and families make a commitment to themselves to save successfully. As a participating organization, we provide you with resources that help you achieve your short term and long term savings goals.”
How much does it cost to participate in America Saves Week?
It’s FREE! America Saves and all our initiatives, resources, tools, etc. are free, and always free, for individuals and participating organizations.
20 Reasons to participate in America Saves Week
Need more information? Want a quick resource to show other organizations the benefits of ASW? We’ve got you covered. Download our PDF guide “20 Reasons your organization should participate in America Saves Week.
Sign Up for America Saves Week
- Get access to the America Saves Week 2023 Digital Toolkit.
- Be recognized on the America Saves Week website as a Participating Organization.
- Get exclusive invites to webinars and training opportunities with the America Saves staff to help make it a successful week.
- Be eligible to earn the coveted Designation of Savings Excellence and Savings Champion Awards.