In partnership with the National Disability Institute (NDI), we are excited to kick off National Disability Employment Awareness Month with an hour-long chat highlighting the tools and resources available to people with disabilities, their families, and service providers. Please join our conversation on how to approach employment, saving, and asset-building, and strategies for improving one’s financial well-being.
Topic: Financial Wellness for people with Disabilities and Their Families
The #ABLEToSave chat will feature these questions for discussion:
- Q1: Can people with disabilities save while receiving benefits?
- Q2: Do you know what an ABLE account is?
- Q3: Why is it important to save money?
- Q4: How do you know if saving money in an ABLE Account is right for the individuals you work with?
- Q5: What are some good tools to help an individual with a disability learn how to save?
- Q6: What are some ways to encourage friends and family members to save?
- Q7: What are some good savings strategies?
Join @AmericaSaves @RealEconImpact 10/17 for #ABLEToSave chat on savings info/resources for people w/ disabilities: bit.ly/2dkOnm1
Tweet this now
Be sure to view our latest partner packet, Financial Wellness for People with Disabilities and Their Families, featuring research and resources, a sample blog post, and social media content.