NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The #ImSavingForSweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or the “Promotion”) starts February 21, 2018 at 12:01 A.M. ET and ends April 6, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. The officers, directors and employees of the Consumer Federation of America (the “Sponsor”) its subsidiaries and affiliated organizations, advertising and promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. There are two ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
Via America Saves Website:
To enter, go to https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge, and follow the on-screen instructions. Entrants who enter via the America Saves website will only be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
Via Participating Blog(s):
To enter, follow the onscreen instructions provided on the Blog including clicking on the link provided (URL) which will direct you to the America Saves Pledge Form for located at https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge. Entrants who enter via a participating Blog will be eligible for both the Grand Prize and “bonus” First Prize drawings.
If any individual submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, they will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. The name of the person submitting the Sweepstakes Entry must be the authorized account holder of such email address, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the potential Grand Prize Winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry, and the potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her email or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
After the Entry has been submitted, the Sponsor will send each Entrant an email requesting confirmation of his/her submission of the America Saves Pledge. Furthermore, the Entrant will also be provided with the opportunity to enhance his/her pledge as well as their potential prize (as further detailed within this Section and in Section 6 below) should said Entrant be confirmed as the Grand Prize Winner.
To enhance the Grand prize, Entrants must first answer “Yes!” to the following question. “Do you want to boost your potential prize from $500 to $750 by inspiring others to save on social media?” To complete the Entry enhancement process please follow the instructions below. Failure to follow the steps below, after responding “Yes” to the entry enhancement question, will Void your Entry enhancement request. The prize enhancement feature will only take effect if you are confirmed as the Grand Prize Winner.
To Enhance Your Entry Via Instagram:
- Go to instagram.com and log into your Instagram account;
- Your Instagram account must be set to public;
- Post your savings goal, your savings story (and how it can help others) or your favorite savings tip/trick as a comment (maximum of 15 words), photo or short video (max of 25 seconds) and include the “#ImSavingForSweepstakes” hashtag.
To Enhance Your Entry Via Facebook:
- Go to facebook.com and log into your Facebook account;
- Then visit the Consumer Federation of America page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ConsumerFederationofAmerica; and
- Look for the Sweepstakes call to action (on the Consumer Federation of America page timeline) and then post your savings goal, your savings story (and how it can help others) or your favorite savings tip/trick as a comment (maximum of 15 words), photo or short video (max of 25 seconds) and include the “#ImSavingForSweepstakes” hashtag.
To Enhance Your Entry To Enter via Twitter:
- Go to twitter.com and log into your Twitter account;
- Your Twitter account must be set to public;
- Tweet your savings goal, your savings story (and how it can help others) or your favorite savings tip/trick as a comment (maximum of 15 words), photo or short video (max of 25 seconds) and include the “#ImSavingForSweepstakes” hashtag. Tweet is limited to no more than 280 characters (including spaces and symbols).
Usage of Instagram, Facebook or Twitter may require a mobile device and therefore you may be charged for standard data rates according to the terms and conditions in your agreement with your wireless carrier. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
Guidelines and Content Restrictions
- The Enhanced Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- The Enhanced Entry may only feature the Entrant and/or members of the Entrant’s immediate family (e.g., spouse, partner, children);
- The Enhanced Entry must not disparage or embarrass Sponsor, their owners and employees, or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion and administration of this Sweepstakes;
- The Enhanced Entry must not feature brand names or trademarks of others;
- The Enhanced Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Enhanced Entry must not contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material;
- The Enhanced Entry must not contain anything that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Enhanced Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Enhanced Entry is created.
BY ENHANCING YOUR ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENHANCED ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
By submitting an Entry or enhancing your Entry in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules. Entries or Enhanced Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules and Guidelines and Content Restrictions above, as determined in Sponsor and/or Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator are final and binding.
By entering this Promotion, each Entrant agrees to grant the Sponsor, subsidiaries, and affiliates and its agents and designees, the exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights Entrant has in the Entry or the Enhanced Entry, and also the right and permission to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, dub, adapt, publish, exploit, and use the content of and elements embodied in the Entry or the Enhanced Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the Internet), for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the original author/creator of his/her Entry or Enhanced Entry and the Entry or Enhanced Entry will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Sponsor’s use of information submitted to Sponsor in connection with this Promotion will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Each Entrant acknowledges that other Sweepstakes participants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Entry or Enhanced Entry that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Entry or Enhanced Entry. Each Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Proof of submission of Entry or Enhanced Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of Entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrants. Each Entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
4) RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner and (1) Potential First Prize Winner from among all eligible entries received within the Sweepstakes Period will be conducted on or about April 16, 2018. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential Grand Prize and First Prize Winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
5) WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the respective prize drawing by email at the email address provided at time of entry. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign, and return  an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and; where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”) and  an IRS Form W-9 to include his/her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as applicable. Complete documents must be returned to the Administrator by the date stated in the notification email/letter or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner. If the potential Grand Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (ii) fails to timely return the required paperwork without alteration and in the form presented by Administrator; or (iii) refuses the prize; or (iv) the prize or prize notification is rejected or returned as undeliverable, then such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to be deemed a winner in the Sweepstakes and receive the prize, and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6) PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $500 prize check. Retail Value (“RT”) of $500. Total RV of Grand Prize: $500. Should the Grand Prize be awarded to an Entrant who enhanced their Entry (as detailed in Section 3), the Total RV of the Grand Prize will be $750. The Enhanced Grand Prize will only be awarded to the Entrant who successfully shared his/her savings goal on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. One (1) First Prize: $100 Gift Card. RV of $100. Total RV of First Prize: $100. First Prize will only be awarded to the Entrant who entered via a participating Blog. Gift Card is subject to terms and restrictions of the issuer. Total Maximum RV of all prizes to be awarded: $850.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize or award shall be offered and no transfer of prize or award to a third party is permitted. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of prize winners. No more than the listed number of prizes and awards will be provided.
8) CONDUCT: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. These Official Rules are accessible from https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or to download any materials from the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, without further liability to the entrants or third parties. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. With regard to this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and/or Administrator will contact those entrants deemed as potential winners for purposes of clearance and awarding of any prize. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the promotion based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities (as defined below).
10) WINNER RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertisers, promotion agencies (collectively the “Released Entities”) from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, costs, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sweepstakes page; (b) submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (c) the acceptance, receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) preparing for, participating in, or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of any prize.
11) DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The construction, validity and interpretation of the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in the applicable court within the District of Columbia.
12) WINNERS LIST: To receive a copy of the Winners List, available after April 15, 2018, send an email with subject line: “ImSavingFor” Winner’s List to email@example.com. All such requests must be received by May 15, 2018. The winners list will only be available after the Grand Prize Winner has been verified.
13) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Consumer Federation of America, Attention America Saves, 1620 Eye Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
© Copyright 2018 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Entrants understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address noted above, not Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.