State activities for America Saves Week 2016:
- State partners, including Tennessee Department of Treasury, Department of Financial Institutions, University of Tennessee Extension, and Tennessee Jump$tart coalition, are converging on Nashville’s Legislative Plaza to staff an exhibit on February 23.
- The Tennessee Department of Treasury will invite more than 2,000 state employees to visit agency partners and learn more about resources available to help build family financial capacity at the event.
- Participants can participate in the I’m Saving For challenge by posting a self-photo with their savings goal for a chance to win cash.
- They can take the Tennessee Saves pledge and be entered into a gift card drawing.
- The Tennessee Department of Treasury is offering several ASW opportunities:
- The TN Stars College Savings 529 program is adding an extra $25 to new accounts that set up an automatic contribution of at least $25.
- Retire Ready, Tennessee’s state retirement program is challenging all state employees to contribute $25 more toward their retirement plan.
- The Tennessee Financial Literacy Commission is training elementary and middle school teachers and providing free curriculum. Their statewide teacher summits provide financial seminars for teachers.
- Tennessee Jump$tart Coalition is sponsoring a state wide personal finance video production contest for youth in grades K-12.
- Department of Financial Intuitions used their quarterly newsletter to promote America Saves Week to all state employees.
- University of Tennessee Extension is providing resources to Extension Agents across the state to encourage financial literacy during America Saves week and with year round programming. At least 15 county Extension offices are participating in ASW.
June Puett, Coordinator