Eager to get your America Saves Week plans started before the New Year? This year, we’re releasing our America Saves Week Digital Toolkit early featuring the 2018 daily themes, a sample of social media posts, digital content, and helpful resources. Check back often add new content through January 2018.
If you haven’t signed up for the Week yet, please click here to sign up your organization today. >> See who is already participating
In This Kit:
- Daily savings themes
- Resource library
- Social media posts and graphics: #ASW18
- Sample content for blogs, emails, newsletters, and more
We encourage you to promote these savings strategies and themes each day during America Saves Week:
Monday, February 26: Save with a plan
- Savers with a plan can be over twice as likely to save successfully for things like retirement. Start your savings habit during America Saves week by creating a simple savings plan when you take the America Saves Pledge for a chance to win up to $750.
Tuesday, February 27: Save the easy way…automatically
- It can be hard to put aside money for savings, but there is an easy way to save money without ever missing it by making your savings automatic in 2018. Already saving automatically? Find ways to automate other aspects of your financial life this year.
Wednesday, February 28: Save for rainy days
- A rainy day fund consists of a small amount of money in a savings account separate from your checking that you do not have easy access to. Saving for this fund starts with small, regularly scheduled contributions that build up over time.
Thursday, March 1: Save to retire
- Saving now for retirement will ensure you have enough money to have a comfortable standard of living when you stop working or reduce the amount of hours you work. Participate in a work-related retirement program such as a 401(k) or open an Individual Retirement Account (or IRA). Already saving for retirement? We recommend increasing the amount you save toward retirement by 1 percent.
Friday, March 2: Save the extra
- We’re more likely to save a windfall than a small amount consistently over a long period of time. Hack that psychology by saving your bonuses, raises, and tax refunds. This tax season, get ahead of your financial goals by saving at least $50, and reward yourself with SaveYourRefund by entering to win one of over 100 prizes ip to $10,000.
Saturday, March 3: Save as a family
- Good savings habits start at home. Whether you’re budgeting, saving, making retirement decisions, or assessing workplace benefits, share the choices you make with your children, no matter their age.
Back to top
Looking for tools and resources to share with your savers? Our America Saves Week resource library features helpful materials shared by participants. Browse the library by issue, author, audience, or resource type.
Interested in submitting your own resource for consideration? >> Share your resource
- Behavioral economics
- College savings
- Credit score
- Emergency savings
- Savings plan
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Fidelity Investments
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
By resource type:
Follow @AmericaSaves and @ChooseToSave on Twitter. Like and promote the America Saves and Choose To Save Facebook pages. Share the hashtag #ASW18 in any savings or America Saves Week-related content at the end of each post.
- Social media graphics
- Posts sharing America Saves Week with partners
- Post encouraging savings during America Saves Week
Join us and thousands of organizations committed to helping others save during #ASW18 (Feb 26 – Mar 3) with @AmericaSaves and @ChooseToSave: http://bit.ly/2hPG42K
America Saves Week and Military Saves Week is Feb. 26-March 3, 2018. Learn how to participate in motivating Americans to save at americasavesweek.org #ASW18
America Saves Week motivates millions of Americans to save every year. Get involved in #ASW18 at americasavesweek.org
We’re proud to participate in America Saves Week 2018. See who else is participating and learn more: http://bit.ly/2zRQ0ni #ASW18
It’s America Saves Week! Are you a successful saver? Check out the @AmericaSaves Saver Checklist Tool see how you’re doing: http://bit.ly/2gBUlAs #ASW18
Did you know the easiest way to save is automatically? This America Saves Week, consider setting up split deposit to transfer $ to your savings account every paycheck: http://bit.ly/2dIKQuK #ASW18
We’re celebrating America Saves Week!
Savers with a plan are 2x more likely to save for #retirement, have a rainy day fund, and stick to a budget. Hack your savings for a chance to win up to $750 from @AmericaSaves: http://bit.ly/2dFhJf9 #ASW18
Are your kids asking these common questions about money? Here’s how to answer them: http://bit.ly/2jGssJs #BetterMoneyHabits #ASW18
Are you saving enough for retirement? This America Saves Week, use the @choosetosave Ballpark E$timate to know if you’re hitting a savings home run or striking out: http://bit.ly/2imH3I9#ASW18
Getting a large check from the IRS? You could win BIG for saving just $50 of your #taxrefund with $SaveYourRefund. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2jGAHW9 #ASW18
Sample content for blogs, emails, newsletters, and more
We encourage you to use the following content as your own in your emails, blog, and overall content marketing strategy during America Saves Week.
- America Saves Week Email-a-Day
- Guest blog/post article from Wise Bread (coming soon): Is It Always Best to Pay Off Credit Cards Before Saving for Retirement?
Although drafted for quick and easy email content for you to share, the following emails can also be repurposed as blogs, newsletter articles, and other publication content.
Email #1 –
Subject: America Saves Week is here!
America Saves Week is a national effort to set a savings goal, make a savings plan, and save automatically. Join millions of others who are taking time this week to start or grow their savings.
It all starts when you make a commitment to yourself to save. Let America Saves help! Take the first step today and take the America Saves pledge to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth over time. America Saves will keep you motivated with information, tips, and reminders to help you reach your savings goal. Think of them as your own personal support system.
Email #2 –
Subject: Are you saving for the right things?
Just like your car needs a tune-up, and just like you need your annual physical, your checkbook needs a checkup, too. America Saves Week is an annual opportunity for savers just like you to assess your savings and make sure that you are saving for all the right things.
If you only do one thing during America Saves Week 2017, complete this simple assessment to see if you are saving adequately.
Email #3 –
Subject: Saving Automatically
Saving automatically is at the heart America Saves Week’s mission. It’s proven to be that the easiest and most effective way to save is automatically. This is how millions of employees save through 401(k) and other retirement programs at work. It is also how millions of Americans save at their bank or credit union.
How to Save Automatically
The best automatic saving is when you make a decision to do so, then it just happens:
- Every month, have your bank or credit union transfer a fixed amount (like $25) from your checking account to a savings or investment account. Talk to your local bank or credit union to set this up.
- Every pay period, have your employer deduct a certain amount from your paycheck and transfer it to a savings account. Ask your HR representative for more details.
- Set up automatic payments towards your debt by providing your checking account information to your loan provider to ensure that the payments are on time and in full. Enrolling in automatic payments may even qualify you for a small interest rate deduction with some types of loans and providers, such as some student loans.
- If your employer offers a retirement account, sign up and put in at least the minimum contribution to receive any matches they may offer. Ask your HR representative for more details.
- If your employer doesn’t offer a retirement account, start saving with myRA, a new retirement savings account from the United States Department of the Treasury. The account features no cost or fees, no complicated investment options, and no risk of losing money. Learn more.
Not sure how much to save each month? Take the America Saves Pledge. The pledge will help you create a monthly savings plan and will help you stay committed to your plan all year long!
Email #4 –
Subject: Make Your Savings Automatic Today
[YOUR COMPANY NAME] has joined forces with America Saves to raise awareness about the importance of saving money during America Saves Week.
Secure your financial future today by splitting a portion of your pay into a savings account and/or opening or increasing the amount you save for retirement. These automatic savings methods are one of the best ways to save.
Complete the following information and return to [STAFF MEMBER].
Watch Your Savings Grow
_____ Yes, I want to split my pay.
Amount to save per paycheck: $________________
Account Number _______________________
Routing Number _______________________
_____ No, I already split my pay.
_____ No, I don’t want to split my pay.
Watch Your Retirement Savings Grow [FOR EMPLOYERS WHO OFFER RETIREMENT PLANS]
_____ Yes, I want to open a retirement account.
An HR representative will contact you soon to open an account.
_____ Yes, I want to increase the amount I save.
Percentage of paycheck to save: ______%, or
amount to save from each paycheck: $_______
_____ No, I do not want to open an account or increase the amount I’m saving.
Email #5 –
Subject: Celebrate America Saves Week
Saving money, improving your financial life, building wealth. It all starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. After all, those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save successfully.
America Saves Week may be coming to an end, but there’s never been a better time to start saving.
4 Ways to Celebrate America Saves Week
- Take the America Saves Pledge to set a savings goal and get support year-round.
- Complete this simple assessment to see if you are saving adequately.
- Make your savings automatic.