Jack Gillis, CFA, (202) 737-0766
Carolyn Pemberton, ASEC, (571) 212-5475
WASHINGTON — America Saves, managed by the Consumer Federation of America, and the American Savings Education Council will release the latest survey of America’s savings habits and adequacy during a press teleconference on Monday, Feb. 27th at 12:00 noon EST kicking off America Saves Week 2017. New information released at the press conference will include:
- Current status of personal savings habits and perceived outcomes.
- Significant changes in these habits and perceived outcomes over the past decade.
- Specific data on the perceived adequacy of emergency and retirement savings practices.
- How income relates to savings practices.
- What percentage of American families think they are making excellent or good progress, or no progress at all, in meeting their savings needs.
The event marks the beginning of America Saves Week and the release of the tenth annual savings survey. Participating organizations expect to reach tens of millions of Americans during America Saves Week with savings advice, assistance and encouragement to take financial action. As the American economy gets back on its feet, America Saves Week is designed to encourage positive savings trends and get consumers back on sound economic footing.
At the press teleconference, America Saves and ASEC will discuss America Saves Week and detail survey findings.
Event: Press teleconference: Release of new data on America’s savings practices
Date: Monday, February 27th 12:00pm Eastern
Call-in Number: 1-800-247-5110 and use the passcode: CFA CALL
- Stephen Brobeck, Executive Director, Consumer Federation of America
- Harry Conaway, Chairman, American Savings Education Council
NO INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE TELECONFERENCE
Release available after 11:30 a.m. Eastern on February 27th mericasavesweek.org
America Saves, a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America, uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. America Saves encourages individuals and families to take the America Saves pledge and organizations to promote savings year-round and during America Saves Week. Learn more at americasaves.org and americasavesweek.org.
American Savings Education Council
America Savings Education Council (ASEC), a program of the Employee Benefit Research Institute Education and Research Fund (EBRI-ERF), is a nonprofit national coalition of public- and private-sector organizations committed to making retirement planning and saving a priority for all Americans. Learn more at choosetosave.org/asec.