During America Saves Week, a wide range of organizations, including federal government agencies, national and international corporations, financial services institutions, banks, credit unions, academic institutions, and nonprofits banded together to help Americans save more successfully. This is the story of America Saves Week 2013
1,052 organizations signed up on AmericaSavesWeek.org across 48 states, reaching over 35 million people.
Fast Facts from the Report:
- The sixth annual National Survey Assessing Household Saving revealed that only about half of Americans reported good savings habits.
- 245,200 people were reached through financial counseling and workshops.
- Employers reached 179,898 employees with savings messages.
- 46% of reporting financial Institutions offered an incentive, prize, or special rate for opening or adding to an account.
- Cooperative Extension programs reached 358,160 people with 6,033 people setting a savings goal, pledging to save.
For the list of participating organizations, click here.