America Saves Week, held February 27 – March 4, 2017, is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. The theme for America Saves Week 2017 is “Making Savings Automatic” to encourage and motivate individuals to make their savings automatic. Thousands of organizations typically participate in American Saves Week, reaching millions of people. And America Saves needs your help to reach even more people in 2017. Still not convinced?
Here are five reasons your organization should join today:
- Position your organization as a leader in savings – By participating in America Saves Week, you will align yourself with those thousands of organizations nationwide who have made a commitment to helping others save and build wealth.
- Help others establish a savings goal and plan – There are striking differences between the savings progress of those with and without a savings plan. In fact, Americans are twice as likely to spend less than their income and save the difference if they have a plan.
- Provide a valuable benefit –Just two out of every five U.S. households report good or excellent progress in meeting their savings needs. Encourage your employees, constituents, and community to take financial action. From promoting the benefits of savings to employees, to offering incentives for people to open or add money to savings accounts, to holding workshops and developing new partnerships, there are so many ways to help people assess and build their savings during the Week.
- Help reduce stress – Finances are employees’ #1 cause of stress, which leads to higher health care costs for your company and negatively impacts employee productivity and morale.
- Increase your reach – Participating organizations reported reaching over 9 million people through America Saves Week 2016 efforts. America Saves provides you with all the promotional materials you need to reach more individuals and grow your list or network.
Ready to encourage individuals to save? Sign to receive updates and tools to help you plan successful promotions and activities.
Did you like this content? Copy and paste the article above for use in your email marketing, newsletters, blogs, and outreach to help promote America Saves Week 2017.
Don’t forget to sign your organization up for America Saves Week to receive additional promotional materials as they become available.