We’re less than 8 weeks away from kicking off America Saves Week 2017, but it’s never too early to plan your activities. The Week, held this February 27 – March 4, is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Thousands of organizations typically participate, reaching millions of people.
If you’re new to America Saves Week or eager to get started on promoting your organization’s participation, here are three ways you can get ready. But don’t forget to register first!
- Feature the Week on your website. Whether you’re interested in promoting a specific savings goal to your audience or simply want to highlight your organization’s participation in the week, we have easy-to-download logos and graphics available for you to use on your website. Feeling excited? Try adding a banner in your digital newsletters or an animated graphic in emails to your constituents.
- Promote the Week in your social media. New this year, the 2017 Mini Kit offers sample posts for you to use in your regular social marketing. All you have to do is copy and paste! If you have a scheduling tool for your social media marketing, simply drop these posts into your scheduler and share #ASW17 content regularly between now and February 27th.
- Encourage others to assess their savings. After all, that’s what the Week is all about. Access the sample article from the 2017 Mini Kit and use it on your website or blog, in your outgoing emails, or other content marketing strategies.
As you plan your organization’s strategy for 2017, be sure to sign up to be notified when the full digital kit is available in January. The kit will have additional social content, including daily posts and emails related to events and themes throughout the week.
Participation in the Week is easy, no matter how big or small your organization is. The impact of good savings behaviors is huge and every saver counts. Still not convinced? Check out these five reasons your organization should join America Saves Week today.
Registration for America Saves Week 2017 is open here. During ASW, any engagement – from contributions to Twitter chats or use of the digital toolkit, to the creation and launch of ASW-specific savings products – is considered participation. Institutions who sign up receive:
- The America Saves Week 2017 participation badge,
- Recognition online at americasavesweek.org/participatingorganizations, and
- Helpful emails from America Saves Week staff to help you plan successful activities.