Cooperative Extension/eXtension is promoting savings and the America Saves pledge during America Saves Week 2016 (ASW) through these inter-related projects:
- February 16 Savings Strategies for Military Families webinar presented 16 specific savings strategies for military families will be archived for later viewing at https://learn.extension.org/events/2344.
- #wbchat, Saving on a Shoestring, February 17
- #eXASchat, Secrets of Successful Savers, February 23
- A Savings Promotion Resource Kit supporting a nationwide social media campaign carried out by more than 150 members of the eXtension Financial Security for All Community of Practice.
- 15-week Money Challenge, February 22 – June 5, 2016. The Challenge is to save enough money to reach a short-term tangible savings goal and will target Extension clientele and college students from University of Florida and Rutgers. Participants will be encouraged to take the America Saves pledge, receive motivational messages, and report weekly savings, and three will win a gift card for $200, $150, or $100. The Challenge will use the Savings Promotion Resource Kit and be promoted in the Twitter chats. We are encouraging all to participate in the 15-Week America Saves Challenge starting Feb 22. ly/15WeekMoney (Sign up is now open.)
Dr. Barbara O’Neill, CFP®, Rutgers Cooperative Extension
Ricki McWilliams, University of Florida IFAS Extension