Debts that accrue interest over time can deal a major blow to your savings. But with planning, discipline, patience, and maybe some outside help, almost anyone can reduce their debts and start to accumulate wealth.
Although we’re coming to the end of America Saves Week, there are still actions you can take this week to improve your financial picture. Find places to cut your spending so that you can pay down your debts faster and find places to trim your expenses.
- In recognition of America Saves Week 2017, Wisconsin Saves and WWBIC are raising awareness of savings by engaging with state officials and securing proclamations from former Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle, Milwaukee Mayor, Tom Barrett and the current Governor, Scott Walker.
Organizations like yours are sharing their activities and results with America Saves throughout the week. Find out more on what others have done for America Saves Week at http://americasavesweek.org/what-others-have-done.
Friday’s Events and Activities
#MintAsks with Mint
Date: Friday, March 3, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm Pacific, 4:00 pm Eastern
Hosted by: @Mint
Ways to Save on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 12:00 – 12:45 pm Eastern
Looking for ways to save money has always been important. During this webinar you will learn quick and easy ways to save you hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars over the course of a year!
- Register online at https://greenpath.webex.com/greenpath/k2/j.php?MTID=t4c95c440ddaf614428470801cb8455d3
- This webinar is presented by GreenPath Financial Wellness.
Cover Your Assets Webinar on Friday, March 3, 2017 at 12:00 PM Central
In 2013, fires cost Americans roughly $11.5 billion. Do you know the types of insurance that protects you and your assets from financial loss? Attend this webinar on Friday, March 3 from noon to 1:00 p.m. to learn how to Cover Your Assets!
Cover Your Assets is part of the Grow Your Green Stuff webinar series from University of Illinois Extension, University of Illinois USFSCO Student Money Management Center, and Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. This is a Protect Badge eligible program.
- You can join for FREE from any computer with internet access. You’ll need working speakers or headphones to listen in.
- Register at go.uillinois.edu/getsavvywebinars
Pay Off High-Interest Debt on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm Eastern
With planning, discipline, patience, and maybe some outside help, almost anyone can reduce their debts and start to accumulate wealth. Find places to cut your spending so that you can pay down your debts faster and find places to trim your expenses.
- Register online at https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/8285603347693463297
- This webinar is presented by Alabama Saves.
Contests and Facebook Events
2nd Annual 24-hour Women Can Marathon
Begins: March 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm Central
Ends: March 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm Central
Hosted by: Business Interludes, LLC
- RSVP online at https://www.facebook.com/events/1840197222924948
Ladies, have pressing money questions on your minds? Join moderator, Oraynab Jwayyed, on Facebook for a 24-hour marathon to discuss saving, investing, and managing debt. Updates to the new tax requirements will also be shared.
Visit the Participate in America Saves Week page for the on-going contests and Facebook events available to savers across the country.
Click here for the full list of events and activities available today and throughout the Week.