Credit Unions do a lot to help individuals save money during America Saves Week (February 22-26, 2016). From offering low opening balances and no fee savings accounts to incentivizing and marketing products, credit unions help people build wealth.
America Saves wants to recognize credit unions that go above and beyond to encourage people to save money during America Saves Week with the America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence. This is a corporate designation and should be considered as representing the entire footprint of the credit union, not individual branch efforts.
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 9 credit unions received the America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence, for going above and beyond to encourage people to save money during America Saves Week. America Saves congratulates these nine recipients.
Designation of Excellence Recipients:
- Belvoir Federal Credit Union
- Democracy Federal Credit Union
- Electro Savings Credit Union
- FedEx Employees Credit Association
- Keys Federal Credit Union
- Luso Federal Credit Union
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union
- Security Service Federal Credit Union
- St. Louis Community Credit Union
RECOGNITION OF DESIGNEES
- Recognition at the America Saves National Savings Forum, held in Washington, D.C. May 18, 2016 and on AmericaSaves.org and AmericaSavesWeek.org.
- Recognition as a group in a national press release and individually in local releases.
- Designation of Excellence seal for your website.
- March 1 – April 1, 2016
WHO CAN APPLY
- Credit unions (not individual branches) that have signed up to participate in America Saves Week and that promoted a savings or wealth building account during America Saves Week.
- Whether you promote a savings product or service during just America Saves week or for the entire month of February, we encourage you to submit applications for any and all activities focused around America Saves Week.
- A selection committee comprised of credit union and America Saves leaders will meet in early April to review applications and select those to receive recognition.