America Saves will recognize exceptional banks that succeed in promoting savings or other wealth building accounts and have high levels of accounts opened or added to during America Saves Week. America Saves will recognize not just one, but all banks that achieve excellence during the week at the America Saves National Savings Forum.
15 banks received the America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence for going above and beyond to encourage people to save money during America Saves Week. America Saves congratulates these recipients.
Designation of Excellence Recipients:
- Armed Forces Bank
- Biddeford Savings
- Broadway Bank
- Dean Bank
- Farmers Savings Bank
- First Arkansas Bank & Trust
- FirstCapital Bank of Texas
- M&T Bank
- Mechanics Bank
- Quontic Bank
- Torrington Savings Bank
- TS Bank
- VISION Bank
RECOGNITION OF DESIGNEES
- Recognition at the America Saves National Savings Forum in Washington, D.C. and on AmericaSaves.org and AmericaSavesWeek.org.
- Recognition as a group in a national press release and individually in local releases.
- Designation of Excellence seal for your website.
- Please check back later for 2017 application information.
WHO CAN APPLY
Banks (not individual branches) that have signed up to participate in America Saves Week and that promoted a savings or wealth building account during the week.
America Saves Week. Whether you promote a savings product or service during just America Saves week or for the entire month of February, we encourage you to submit applications for any and all activities focused around America Saves Week.
A selection committee comprised of industry and nonprofit leaders will meet in early April to review applications and select the winners.
This recognition will be primarily based on aggregate account activity results during America Saves Week (either the week or the month of February). Banks will be compared with other banks of similar asset size. Specifically:
- Number of customers opening savings (or other wealth building) accounts
- Amount saved to accounts
- Number of customers adding to savings (or other wealth building) accounts Amount saved to accounts
- Amount saved to accounts
- Number of customers setting up automatic deposits to a savings (or other wealth building)
We know that promotion of accounts is key to gaining new customers and additional deposits. Therefore, we will also take into account:
- Account incentives offered
- Gifts or bonus incentives for opening accounts
- Gifts or bonus incentives for adding to accounts
- Special interest rates for opening accounts
- Prizes or drawings
- Promotional methods
- Published press release/held press event
- Broadcast program appearances
- Public service announcements
- Paid or donated advertising
- Held community events
- One-on-one financial counseling
- Financial education workshops
- Reached out to business customers to encourage employees to save
- Included information on website
- Internal/external publications
- Distribute posters/flyers
- Postal mailings
- Sent emails
- Utilized social media